Wednesday, January 20, 2010

He Pooped!

Our first baby disaster is over (and I can't say I handled it well). After a change of formula, poor Cole couldn't poop to save his life. He spent three long days being uncomfortable and turning red from a push every once in awhile; a push that had no results. Luckily I was at work when Kristin had to insert (yikes) the first suppository, which I heard he forcibly shot back out at her. Sadly, I got home from work and we gave it another try. Typically getting home from work is the best part of my day. Kristin did the dirty work as I tried to console Cole. Cole couldn't help but try to push the suppository out. He even tried to defend himself by spraying pee all over the place. It was a disaster and since the suppository did not want to stay put, we went to mixing some prune juice with the formula. We even took a walk around the neighborhood hoping to bounce a poo from the little man...no such luck. At about 3:00 a.m., all on his own, Cole finally gave birth to an ugly little turd. It was about as long as he is tall and harder than a rock. The entire Fuchs family was very happy and is looking forward to some easier days ahead. Obviously no pictures are needed with this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment